The four-fold vacuum feed-throughs made by Schäfter+Kirchhoff are equipped with four identical or four different fiber cables. The fibers can be polarization-maintaining, single-mode or multimode fibers. The quadruple vacuum feed-throughs are suitable for vacuums down to 10-7 mbar and are supplied with a small flange KF50 (DIN 28403 and ISO 2861, stainless steel). Maximum temperature range is -10 °C - 70 °C.
The feed-throughs incorporate four single feed-throughs type V-SF-PMC, V-SF-SMC, or V-SF-MMC.
End-to-end fiber cable
All vacuum feed-throughs are supplied with a non-exchangable, continous, end-to-end fiber cables. That means there is no additional fiber connection (mating) at the vacuum flange.
- No additional coupling losses due to mating (especially important for transmitting short wavelengths)
- No reduction in Polarization Extinction Ratio (PER) due to mating
On the vacuum side, the fiber cables are equipped with Ø 900 μm buffer made of Hytrel, Nylon or Tefzel. The parts of the fiber cables outside the vacuum, have a Ø 3 mm cable with Kevlar strain-relief with bend protection both at the fiber connector and the flange.
Polarization-maintaining fiber cables and single-mode fiber cables can be equipped with end caps for reducing the power density at the fiber end-faces.
For single-mode fiber cables, the connector away from the vacuum can be core-aligned as an option.
As an option the connector of all fiber types can be made of amagnetic Titanium (connector type FC only).
How to order
For a specific feed-through please contact Schäfter+Kirchhoff. We additionally need information on:
- Fiber types
- Cable lengths inside / outside the vacuum
- Connector types inside / outside the vacuum
The feed-through can be equipped either with four identical or four different fiber cables.
An example configuration can be found here.
Benefits of user registration include
- Extended information for download including stepfiles, software or manuals
- Direct download of user-specific downloads (e.g. user-specific software)
- Access to previous online requests and the possibility to add complete previous lists to the "Request for quote" list
- Stored item list