The three defining parameters of a single-mode fiber are effective numerical aperture NAe², mode field diameter MFD and cut-off wavelength λco. Because of manufacturing tolerances, the mean specified values for NAe² and MFD may differ by up to 10%. Carefully selected fibers with documented values are available on request. Fiber cables with end caps are available.
Single-mode fibers in general – unlike the PMC-fiber cables – do not maintain the state of polarization.
- Wavelengths 360 – 1300 nm with cut-off wavelengths from 360 to 1300 nm, each with an operational wavelength range of 100 - 300 nm (depending on cut-off wavelength)
- Special broadband fiber RGBV with an operational wavelength range 400-680 nm
- Fiber with low attenuation (Si) for wavelengths <460 nm
- FC-APC or FC-PC fiber connector (other connector types available on request)
- Option: Connectors with End Caps
- Amagnetic titanium connectors available for FC-APC or FC-PC connectors
- Option: core-alignment